EASTER CANDY BARK
- 2 -11oz. packages of Ghirardelli Classic White Baking Chips
- 2 Cups Assorted Chocolate Candies (M & M’s, Kit Kats, Whoppers etc.), Pretzels & Sprinkles
I bought too much Easter candy, so I opened up a bunch of little packets of candies including Whoppers, Kit Kats, and M&M’s. I chopped up the Kit Kats with a knife, and used the bottom of a glass to break up the Whoppers and M&Ms into bits without turning them into powder – just wanted them nice and chunky.
I wanted to add something salty to the mix, so I opened up one of the little bags of pretzels usually reserved for the kids lunches, and broke those into smaller pieces too.
- Next, prepare your pan. We used a 9 x12 rimmed baking sheet and lined it with waxed paper.
- Now it’s time to melt the chocolate. Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate over medium-low heat, Stirring occasionally until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove chocolate from the stove top.
- Pour melted chocolate over the waxed paper. Use a cake or rubber spatula to spread out chocolate into an even layer.
- Sprinkle melted chocolate with your chopped candy/pretzel/sprinkle mix.
- Pop pan into freezer for 20 mins to harden.
- Remove from freezer and break into chunks.
Store in an air tight container……..if it lasts long enough to store!
Turtorial & Photography : Jessie Senese for Shop Sweet Lulu