- green card stock or scrapbook paper cut into 1 1/2″ wide strips
- red card stock or scrapbook paper (optional)
- 1/2″ round punch (optional)
- vending machine capsules
- x-acto knife
- pipe cleaners
- glue gun (not shown)
Before we get to the next step, I wanted to talk about the pipe cleaners really quickly. Of course you can use any pipe cleaner you have on hand. However, I LOVE the ones that we carry in the shop, simply because that have these beaded looking ones in the pack. They are perfect for apples stems because they are tapered.
Okay, enough about pipe cleaners….grab what ever kind you have, and cut a piece that is about 1 1/2 inches long (or just under the second bead, if you are using the ones from the shop)
Steps 1, 2 & 4 are optional. The reason that I added the little circle piece of paper is to cover the pipe cleaner from showing through the lid (without it, you can see the bent piece that is glued to the bottom of the cap). I made some with & without. The decision is completely up to you
1. punch a circle using your punch
2. score an “x’ in the center of your circle
3. take your piece of pipe cleaner that you cut, and push it through the center of the cap.
4. put a small amount of glue around the pipe cleaner that is poking out of the top part of the cap, and thread the circle punched piece of paper onto the pipe cleaner. Press the piece of paper into the cap so it sticks to the glue.